SARASOTA, FL -- In response to the annual threats posed by the Atlantic hurricane season, the State of Florida has announced two separate Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holidays for 2023. This year, for the first time, Floridians will be granted two 14-day periods of sales tax exemptions on selected items that are essential for hurricane preparedness. These periods run from May 27 through June 9, and from August 26 through September 8, respectively.
Bethany Wester, Communications Director with the Florida Department of Revenue, highlighted the significance of this change: "The second tax-free holiday, introduced for the first time this year, comes right before the peak of the hurricane season, providing citizens an additional opportunity to be prepared."
This amendment, courtesy of House Bill 7063, and awaiting signature from Gov. Ron DeSantis, is intended to encourage and facilitate residents to prepare for hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to November 30, with the most active phase typically occurring from August through October.
The sales tax exemption applies to a range of specific items, including but not limited to:
- Portable generators used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage, with a sales price of $3,000 or less.
- Self-powered lights of $40 or less.
- Portable self-powered radios, including two-way and weather-band radios of $50 or less.
- A package of specific battery types with a sales price of $50 or less, excluding automobile and boat batteries.
- Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and carbon monoxide detectors with a sales price of $70 or less.
- The tax holidays are aligned with numerous summertime sales events, including those at stores such as Satellite Phone Store, thereby offering citizens the potential for considerable cost savings as they prepare for the hurricane season.
Florida residents are urged to take full advantage of these tax-free periods to ensure they are adequately prepared for any potential hurricane threat.
Satellite Phone Store, experts in alternative communication and disaster preparedness carries a wide-range of power banks, EcoFlow generators and other products that are exempt from taxes during both Florida Tax Holidays. Currently they have a special on Power Bank & Solar Panel bundles to capitalize on this exemption. You can visit their store at www.satellitephonestore.com for more information.
SOURCE: Satellite Phone Store
Copyright 2024 EZ Newswire